Saturday, January 15, 2022

Gohmert Says Paxton Lied To Trump To Get Endorsement

[#TexasPolitics365]


Conservative Congressman Louie Gohmert says he called Donald Trump last summer when he heard the former President was thinking about endorsing Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton.

“I suggested that he hold up. I said, ‘I’m even thinking about it if there’s not a better alternative’,” said U.S. Rep. Gohmert.

After the former President endorsed Paxton last July, Gohmert said he didn’t contact Mr. Trump again. But Trump called him.

“He called me and he said, ‘I was told that you were definitely not running before I endorsed.’ Well, I didn’t tell him that. So, it became clear it took a lie, a lie to President Trump that Gohmert’s definitely not running in order to get the endorsement and further re-enforces this Attorney General will do anything and say anything to get what he wants."

(Full story HERE.)
--------------------------------------------------
** We are dedicated to bringing you Texas Politics, 365 days a year! Tips? texaspolitics365@gmail.com

Advertisement
For advertising opportunities, email us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Paxton Wants Most Charges Against Him Dismissed

[#TexasPolitics365] Lawyers for impeached Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton on Monday sought to have most of the charges against...