Thursday, September 23, 2021

Following Censure, State Rep. Paddie Says He Won't Seek Re-election

[#TexasPolitics365]


Following a censure by his own County Republican Party, state representative Chris Patty has decided not to seek re-election next year.

Paddie (R-Marshall) 2. House District 9 includes Cass, Marion, Harrison, Panola, Sabine, and Shelby counties.

Paddie released the following statement:

“Serving as State Representative for the people of East Texas has been one of the greatest honors of my life,” said Paddie. “I’m proud of the many accomplishments and landmark reforms my colleagues and I have delivered during my service as State Representative.”

“I love and respect the Texas House and will certainly miss serving with so many great people who have become like family to me. However, I also recognize that the greatness of the House existed long before I joined it and it will exist long after I am gone. I look forward to supporting Speaker Phelan and my House colleagues as they continue their service to our great state.”

House Speaker Dade Phelan praised Paddie for his service:

"This chamber, your colleagues, and your state thank you for your service to your district and to Texas, @ChrisPaddie. #txlege"

Phelan came to Paddie's defense after his censure by the Harrison County Republican Party.

(Full story here.)
--------------------------------------------------
** We are dedicated to bringing you Texas Politics, 365 days a year! Tips? texaspolitics365@gmail.com

Advertisement
For advertising opportunities, email us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Paxton Wants Most Charges Against Him Dismissed

[#TexasPolitics365] Lawyers for impeached Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton on Monday sought to have most of the charges against...