Friday, August 20, 2021

Sen. Cruz Endorses "Close Friend" Gov. Abbott

[#TexasPolitics365]


US Sen. Ted Cruz gave an emphatic endorsement to Gov. Greg Abbott and his re-election bid. 

He said Wednesday about Abbott:

"He campaigned for me, he fought for me. I can tell you very, very simply, if it were not for Greg abbott, I would not be in the US Senate. ... I think primaries are a healthy thing in politics. But I got to say, as for me, I'm gonna vote for Greg Abbott. And to be honest, I think I'd be a disloyal jackass if I didn't vote for him in our two decades of our working side by side."

Cruz's remarks came during a town hall in Grapevine organized by the True Texas Project, a conservative group previously known as the NE Tarrant Tea Party. 

The group says over 500 people attended the monthly meeting, which was streamed to over 200 more throughout the state.

An audience member stated that the crowd favors "anyone but Abbott" in 2022 and asked Cruz if he would commit to endorsing one of Abbott's primary challengers or commit to staying out of the primary altogether.

Longer excerpt of the senator's remarks, here:


(Full story here.)
--------------------------------------------------
** We are dedicated to bringing you Texas Politics, 365 days a year! Tips? texaspolitics365@gmail.com

Advertisement
For advertising opportunities, email us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Paxton Wants Most Charges Against Him Dismissed

[#TexasPolitics365] Lawyers for impeached Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton on Monday sought to have most of the charges against...